Leadership Exploration and Development (LEAD) Program offers UA students opportunities to engage in a variety of experiences to develop leadership skills transferrable to the workplace through the following:
- Workshops and seminars offered by professionals on topics related to leadership, life-long learning, and workforce preparation
- Experiential learning opportunities (e.g., job shadowing, internships, community service). Stipends available to offset the costs of these experiences.
- Bi-Annual leadership conference connecting students with New College alumni and successful practitioners in the field who serve as session presenters. Honorariums offered to speakers outside The University of Alabama.
- Civic Engagement and Leadership minor
- Summer stipends for unpaid internships