Leadership Exploration and Development (LEAD) Program offers UA students opportunities to engage in a variety of experiences to develop leadership skills transferrable to the workplace through the following:
- Workshops and seminars offered by professionals on topics related to leadership, life-long learning, and workforce preparation.
- Experiential learning opportunities (e.g., job shadowing, internships, community service). Stipends available to offset the costs of these experiences.
- Bi-Annual leadership conference connecting students with New College alumni and successful practitioners in the field who serve as session presenters. Honorariums offered to speakers outside The University of Alabama.
- Civic Engagement and Leadership minor
- The Levitetz Leadership Program offers stipends (in the form of a scholarship) for unpaid summer internships to students enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences or students in other Colleges pursuing the Civic Engagement and Leadership minor. Other eligibility criteria include: 1) internship must be completed during the summer, 2) internship must be at least two weeks long with an expectation of 25-40 hours a week, and 3) the internship must have defined tasks with a supervisor who will complete an Employee Verification Form (if you are chosen). Research or placement programs that require a fee to obtain an internship are not eligible. We are now accepting applications for the Levitetz Summer Internship Scholarship. They are due Friday, April 14, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (CST.) apply Summer stipends for unpaid internships.