The LLP (Levitetz Leadership Program) offers UA undergraduate students stipends for unpaid summer internships to develop skills transferrable to the workplace, develop leadership skills transferrable to the workplace through the following:
- Workshops and seminars are offered by professionals on topics related to leadership, life-long learning, and workforce preparation.
- Experiential learning opportunities (e.g., job shadowing, internships, community service). Stipends are available to offset the costs of these experiences.
- Bi-annual leadership conference connecting students with New College alumni and successful practitioners in the field who serve as session presenters. Honorariums are offered to speakers outside The University of Alabama.
- Civic Engagement and Leadership minor
- Students enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences or students in other Colleges pursuing the Civic Engagement and Leadership minor are eligible for the stipend. Other eligibility criteria include: 1) internship must be completed during the summer, 2) internship must be at least two weeks long with an expectation of 25-40 hours a week, and 3) the internship must have defined tasks with a supervisor who will complete an Employee Verification Form (if you are chosen). Research or placement programs that require a fee to obtain an internship are not eligible. They are due Friday, April 14, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (CST.) apply Summer stipends for unpaid internships.
- Applications will open on February 5, 2024, and remain open until April 19, 2024.