University of Alabama Students may apply for a seed grant of up to $1000 to begin a new business, creative project, or social venture. Ongoing projects which have already received outside funding or support are eligible to apply for up to $3000. Examples of previous funding or support include (but are not limited to) a previous Levitetz Seed Grant, the Blackburn Initiative, the River or Aldag pitch competitions, UCRA grants, departmental or college funding, or similar programs.
Students receiving funding will present their projects in-progress on April 16, 2021, at the Levitetz Leadership and Innovation Conference.
Complete the application form below. You will need to provide a full description of your project, budget information, and names of any team members. Given the length of the application, we do not recommend completing it on a mobile device.
The application form will open on November 16, 2020. Applications are due January 6, 2021.
Your proposal will be evaluated on:
- General fit with the goals and mission of the Levitetz Leadership Program
- Creativity: In what ways is this project unique or innovative?
- Impact: In what ways will this project impact the intended community/audience/market?
- Feasibility: Does the proposal show evidence of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to make this project happen within the time given?
- Strong preference will be given to students in the College of Arts & Sciences, students pursuing a minor in Civic Engagement or Leadership, or teams that include these students.
Seed Grant Workshops/ Event Registration
Please register for our LLP Workshop on March 18, 2021, at 6:00 pm on How To Give a TED Talk here.
Please register for our LLP Workshop on March 18, 2021, at 6:00 pm on How to Pitch Your Idea here.
November 19, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
November 30, 2020 @ 3:00 pm
December 1, 2020 @ 1:00 pm
January 6, 2021 – Seed Grant Applications Due
March 18, 2021 @ 6:00-7:00 pm – Mandatory Virtual Workshop: How to Pitch Your Idea
April 16, 2021, 5:30 – 9:00 pm – Levitetz Leadership and Innovation Conference
Please view our video from the 2019 Levitetz Pitch Competition: 2019 Levitetz Pitch Competition Video