Founded in 2018 through the generous donation of Jeff Levitetz, New College alumnus and owner of Purity Wholesale Grocers, the Levitetz Leadership Program (LLP) prepares students for leadership roles in a variety of settings including business, government, non-profit organizations, and community and civic activities. Housed in New College at The University of Alabama, the LLP builds upon New College’s 50-year commitment to life-long, interdisciplinary learning planned around the practical integration of a liberal arts education, experiential learning, and educational outreach and service.
Foundational to the LLP are five core values essential for effective leadership in a vastly changing world:
- Act ethically and with humility
- Build collaborative relationships
- Communicate effectively
- Exhibit empathy towards self and others
- Foster creativity and innovation
The following resources are available to participants in the Levitetz Leadership Program:
- Summer stipends for unpaid internships
- Innovation grants to support individual entrepreneurial endeavors
- Light Bulb Award
- Engaging workshops and seminars
- Networking opportunities with successful leaders from all walks of life
- Annual leadership conference
- Civic Engagement and Leadership minor
For more information, contact Dr. Natalie Adams, program director at firstname.lastname@example.org.